TABLE OF CONTENTS
Due to constraints within a project, it might be useful to have a Deployment unit owner, a project coordinator, Scheduler carry out the scheduling on behalf of the end-users. ManagementStudio provides the ability to present the available migration slots within a deployment unit to the scheduler via a web portal. This article will outline the steps required to configure this. It is assumed, the deployment unit has been created, with a set start and end date, the schedule config configured.
Create Deployment Unit Survey
- Switch to Administration->Deployment Units (1).
- Select Surveys (2).
- Click New Survey (1).
- Enter the Name of the Survey (2).
- Click OK (3).
- Turn off most of the survey features:
- Pass/Fail/Save buttons
- Lock on complete
- Show completed by
- Comments trigger fail
- Show comments box
- Click on Display Fields (1) from the tabbed menu on the left.
- Click on New Field (2).
- Ensure the Special Control dropdown is set to Datamining Report (3).
- Set the Width to 12 (4).
- Set the Special Control Args to (5):
- ReportName: User Self-Schedule Report;
Columns: Expression_ScheduleUser, Expression_FullName, UserMigrations_DeployUnitSlotStart, Expression_Booked;
- Click Save Changes (6).
Sending out the Portal/Survey Link
- Switch to the Deployment Units (1) module.
- Select and double click on the corresponding deployment unit on the grid (2).
- Click on the Surveys tab (3).
- Select the newly created survey (4) from the tabbed menu on the left.
Ensure you have the deployment Unit's owner email address in the primary email address field.
- Click on Send Email and select Send Request Email (5).
- The User will receive an email similar to this
- Upon clicking on Complete Allocation, the user will be presented with the scheduling portal page similar to the below screenshot.
- The DU owner clicks on Schedule User and allocates a migration slot for the user.
- The end-user receives a confirmation email advising the date and time of their appointment.