The Projection Report in ManagementStudio replaces the AAP report from MigrationStudio v7.x. The premise of this report is to provide a forecast of the most efficient way of applying resource to maximise the number of dependent items being ready.
- 1,000 users require 175 applications to be tested against a new operating system version before they can be migrated
- What is the best order to start working through the applications?
- Which users would be ready if the first 30 applications were tested successfully?
- Can any users be upgraded before any applications have tested?
The Project Report provides the answers to these questions, and more:
The Projection Report can be run in any of the main modules (User Migrations, Devices etc) and the readiness of the items in that module can be forecast against any other module.
- To see which users could be ready based on getting applications ready, run the report from the User Migrations module, and set the Readiness Versus to Applications
- To see which devices could be ready based on getting users ready, run the report from the Devices module, and set the Readiness Versus to User Migrations (screenshot below)