TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Sign-Off wizard guides the user through the configuration options available when creating or modifying a Test Sign-Off. This wizard is available within all the modules in ManagementStudio. It consist of a user interface that presents a sequence of dialog options to help create a Sign-Off test which could be a User acceptance test (UAT), Quality Test (QA) or Compatibility test etc.
The example that follows will use the User Migration Module to illustrate the concept of creating a new User Migration Test sign-off. Please note, this is available within the other modules.
The Test Sign-Offs tab needs to be enabled within the Admin Section. Administration\Select relevant Module\Main Tabs.
- Switch to User Migrations module
- Double click on a User Migration record from the grid
- Click Test Sign-Offs (1) tab
Note: A Test Type needs to be defined within the relevant module before proceeding. Please refer to this article for more information: https://migrationstudio.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/14000114323
- Click New (2) button from the control bar at the top.
- Click Next (1) to initiate the process.
- Select the Test Type (1). This is defined in the admin section of the module.
- Click Next (2).
- Select Tester (s)
- When enough characters (3 minimum) are entered into the Add Contacts, this list will be filtered to any matches. Select the relationship between the contact and object (3).
- Click Add (4).
- The tester will be displayed (5) as a tester. Repeat this steps if you want to add more testers.
- Click Next (6)
- Choose the Blueprints (1) this test should apply. it is ok to select no Blueprints.
- Click Next (2).
- Specify the Testing windows (1) by defining the start date/time and the End date/time of the test.
Note: The Test windows is the time during which the sign-off link is valid and is used to report on late test results.
- Select the machine to perform the test on (2). You may manually enter the device name.
- Ensure the checkbox Attach RDP File to email (3) is ticked if you require the file to be sent in the email to the tester.
- Click Next (4).
- Review the summary page (1) and optionally add note (2) for the tester to see.
- It is possible to click back and make changes if required.
- If Sign-Off Email (3) is ticked, the contact will receive an email.
- Click Finish (4).
- Schedule the emails for sending (1).
- Click Send Emails (2).
- The testers will receive an email defined in the admin section complete with a link in the email taking them to the test.