TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Further Support
The Section allows items such as Users, Devices, Applications, Mailboxes and Bespoke to be added to Deployments Units and also enables the Self-Scheduling features whereby the end-user can pick their own migration slot. The Self-Scheduling portal aims to improve the end-users’ scheduling experience by providing them flexibility to schedule their own time, modify directly from their devices. With self-scheduling, an administrator can expect a reduction in no-shows during a Migration project. The Self Schedule page consist of four tabbed menu located on the left pane:
- PS /CSS /JS
- Global Slots
The Settings page contains the internal controls and configuration options that are required to manage a self-schedule. Many of the fields are prepopulated with default values to simplify the customization process for a ManagementStudio administrator. The sub sections are:
- Page Text
- On Screen Messages
- Migration Slots
- Related Items Tabs
- Link Expiry
- Complete Action & Email
- Meeting Request
The Page Text panel contains the text that appears on the self-schedule web page.
On Screen Messages
The On Screen Messages contains the message displayed when a user books a Migration slot.
The Migration Slots panel contains parameters to define what is displayed to the end user.
- Show Confirm Slot Popup: Enabling this option will display a confirmation popup when a user books their slot to confirm the action.
- Confirm Slot Date Format: Specify the date format to apply to the date displayed to the user on the confirmation screen.
- Show Unavailable Slots: Enabling this option will display Migration slots that are full and expired to the end user.
- Schedule Grid Columns: This field contains a list of the column names to show on the Schedule grid in the deployment unit UI.
The Link Expiry panel contains controls to define the duration of the self-schedule link.
- Link Expiry before X Days: Specify the number of days before the Deployment Unit's Start/End day to close the Self-Schedule portal link.
- Expire before Start/End Date: Specify the Start link expiry count from before the Start or End date. e.g. 5 days before the DU's Start date or 5 days before the DU's End date.
Complete Action & Email
The Complete Action & Email panel contains controls to define what happens when a Migration slot booking is complete.
- Send Reminder after X Days: Specify when a reminder email is sent to a user when they have not picked a Self-Schedule slot.
- Send Email on Complete: Enable this option to trigger the event to send out the 'Complete' email when a user books a migration slot.
- Lock On Complete: Enable this option to ensure the booking is locked to prevent the User from updating it after they have booked a migration slot.
The Buttons panel provides the ability to define the button labels displayed on the portal.
- Book Button Label: Define the label button to prompt the user to book their migration slot.
- Confirm Button Label: Define the label button displayed on the confirmation page.
As an administrator, use the Meeting Request panel to control & customize the meeting invitations sent out to the users.
- Attach Meeting Request to Email: When this option is enabled, it will attach an ICal (Meeting Request) file to the 'Complete' email.
- Outlook Reminder (Min): Specify the number of minutes before the appointment will allow Outlook to popup a reminder.
- Appointment Subject: Specify a clear appointment subject line.
- Appointment Location: Provide a location of the appointment
- Appointment Description: Provide a brief description of the appointment.
The Emails tab allows an administrator to configure and customize the Self-Schedule emails sent out. Out of the box, ManagementStudio provides five email templates.
- Request Email - Original email sent to the end-user to notify them to book their migration slot.
- Reminder Email - Reminder email sent when the end-user is yet to book their migration slot.
- Complete Email - Email sent when the end-user books their migration slot.
- Update Booking Email - Email sent when a booking is updated.
- Cancel Booking Email - Email sent when a booking is cancelled.
Each of the templates contains the Email Subject (1) and the corresponding Email content (2).
An example of the request email template
An example of the email, sent to the end user.
PS / CSS / JS
In the PS / CSS / JS tab, an administrator can extend the presentation and/or functionality of the self-schedule page by utilising the following technologies supported by ManagementStudio.
|PowerShell (PS)||Automate ManagementStudio tasks and interact with external applications via API.|
|Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)||Control the visual aspect of how HTML elements appear on the screen. For example, typeface and fonts used, and the colour of text or backgrounds.|
Using PS / CSS / JS
An admin can schedule a PowerShell script to run immediately after a User books their migration slot on the self-schedule portal. For example, a script to move a User from one workflow (Self-schedule email sent) to another workflow (Migration slot booked).
For more information and examples of how to use PS/CSS/JS, please refer to this articles: https://support.migrationstudio.com/a/solutions/articles/14000129763 https://migrationstudio.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/14000111736
Although the example used is within Surveys, the use and concept is similar within the self-schedule portal.
In the Global Slots tab, an administrator can easily define and configure the default Migration settings that will be applied globally to all Deployment Units in the project. For example, the number of migration slots, the start day & time, the End date & time and any project constraints etc.
The Global Slots settings can be overridden in any Deployment Unit by switching from Global slots to Local slots within the Schedule Config tab.
This section consist of the Slot Configuration grid (1) and the Suspended days (2).
Slot Configuration Grid
The details of the global deployment slot are listed here. In the screenshot above, it has been defined as migrating 5 users everyday at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm excluding the weekends. To add a new deployment slot, click on Click here to add new item.
How to send out a Self Schedule?
Switch to Deployment Units