TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Accessing the Contacts Tab
- The Contacts Tab Layout
- Creating a Contact
- Further Support
In ManagementStudio, a Contact is an individual who is typically associated with one or more of the following modules Applications, User Migrations, Devices, Defects & Deployment Units. Every contact item contains contact information, such as First Name, Last Name, Sam Account, Job Title and communication details. Any module can have one or more contacts.
The example that follows will use the Applications module to illustrate the concept although this approach applies to all modules within ManagementStudio.
Accessing the Contacts Tab
To view the Contacts tab:
- Choose the relevant module from the vertical menu bar on the left (1), in this example, Applications, and double click an item from the main grid (2) to open the details panel.
Click the Contacts tab (1).
The Contacts Tab Layout
The Contacts tab consist of two core sections:
- Control Bar (1)
- The Contacts Grid (2)
The Control Bar provides a quick access to additional functionality. From Left to right:
|Attach Contact||This allows you to add a contact|
|Reload||This allows you to reload the contacts grid|
|Search Grid Filter||Allows you to enter a piece of text to search/filter the grid for, the grid will show which fields are matching in red. You can clear the search filter by clicking on the circle with a line across symbol to the right of the control.|
|Toggle Group Bar||This allows you to show/hide the Group bar. The group bar allows you to drag any field in the grid to the group bar and the grid will be grouped on that field i.e. domain.|
|Select All||Selects all the items in the Grid.|
|Select None||Deselects all the items in the Grid.|
|Invert||This will invert the current selections in the grid.|
|Copy to Clipboard||This allows you copy items from the grid to the clipboard|
|Export to Excel (All)||This allows you to Export the Grids' contents to Excel.|
|Export to CSV (All)||This allows you to export the Grids' contents to CSV (Comma-Separated Values).|
|Pivot to Table||This is used to summarise, sort, reorganise, group, count, total or average of the data on the grid|
|Pivot to Chart||This is a visual representation of the pivot table.|
|Grid Column Chooser||This allows you to add additional columns to the contacts grid.|
|Help||Provides access to the Help article.|
The Contact grid displays the list of all the contacts associated with the module. Details of each column below:
|Details||Icon to allow you to view more details of the contact.|
|Unlink||Remove the association of the contact.|
|Contact Type||It displays the relationship between the contact and the object.|
|First Name||The First Name of the Contact|
|Last Name||The Last Name of the Contact.|
|Sam Account||Sam account of the Contact.|
|Domain||The domain, the Contact is in.|
|Organisation||The organisation details of the Contact.|
|Job Title||The job title of the Contact.|
|Phone Work||Work number of the Contact.|
|Phone Mobile||Mobile number of the Contact.|
|Email Work||Work email address of the Contact.|
|Email Home||Home email address of the Contact.|
Creating a Contact
The following steps describes the process for adding a Contact. This is consistent within the other modules within ManagementStudio.
- Click Attach Contact (1) from the control bar at the top.
- On the Attach Contact windows, you have the following options available:
- Search existing Contacts (1) - If you are looking for a specific contact enter part of their name here. The control will wait until at least three characters are entered before applying the filter to the Existing Contacts Dropdown. When enough characters (3 minimum) are entered into the Search Contacts this list will be filtered to any matches. This operation searches the Contacts Name, Email, Sam Account, Domain, Organisation and Job Title for said matches.
- Create a New Contact (2) - If there are no matches or you know you wish to create a new contact, click here.
- Upon clicking on create new contact form, you will be presented with the following form:
Create New Contact Form
1) Enter the Contacts First Name.
2) Enter the Contacts Last Name.
3) Enter the Contacts Phone Work number.
4) Enter the Contacts Work email address.
5) Click to create the Contact.
6) Click Cancel to cancel the creation of the contact.
After the Contact is Created the Search Contacts and Existing Contact Dropdown will have that Contact selected.
- Select the newly created Contact.
- Click the As (1) dropdown menu to select the relationship between the Contact and the Object, in this case, an Application so the potential values are UAT (User Acceptance Testing), App Owner or Contact.
- Click Attach Contact (2) to complete the process of adding the Contact to the Application.
- Click Cancel (3) to cancel the process of adding the Contact to the Application.